Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Getting Groove

I've decided to post every night if possible to exercise (a word I always misspell) my writing muscle.  Well, since doing the Artist Way, I have plenty of experience writing, but not publicly.  In fact, thinking about being in public is enough to make me run inside most days.  Funny, since I've chosen to play music in front of people, right?

Anyway, I just got back from the Winnipeg Fringe Festival where I saw my good friend Dan's production,

Maiden Voyage 4: Come Hell or High Water

and it was so great!  If you live in Winnipeg, go and see it.  I turned on my phone after the show to find a message from my friend Tess Kitchen, trumpetess (HA!) from the Vancouver based E.S.L., saying that she had just finished recording the her part with the amazing Shawn Penner for the song Garland's Moving To Vancouver, which of course, will be on the upcoming record.  I CAN"T WAIT TO HEAR IT!!!!!!!!!!!   AND SUPER SPECIAL BONUS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  Zach Antel from Lost Weekend sent along the bubbles I had asked for for the closing track, Heart Of Cranes!  

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS??!?!?!?!?!!?!??!  I NEED TWO MORE PARTS FROM OTHER PEOPLE AND THE ALBUM IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a little excited.  I have the most urgent of urges to share with you all a song from the record, but it's not time yet.  So instead....

I've been sitting in front of the internet trying to figure out what to share.  I'm nervous again.

So here's my current creative hero...



Goodnight!





No comments:

Post a Comment