Sunday, March 3, 2013

Saskatoon

This pretty much sums it up.  


This is our friend Christian.  He and his roommates had a house party last night and we played at it.  It was a blast.  We got no sleep, but it was a blast.

The picture above was taken in the early hours of the morning as we prepared to head out west to Edmonton for tonights show.  We rented a oversized PA system and some flashy lights and partied until we could not party anymore.

Allow me to define 'partying', in my terms.  I have recently decided to stop drinking alcohol as a social activity.  It isn't because I don't like it, but because I don't have a healthy relationship with it.  Booze has been a part of all of my bad decisions, and it's high time I have a look at that part of my life.  Needless to say - being on tour and not drinking is really hard.  There is free booze everywhere.

SO!  Partying for me now means talking to people as a sober person, which is so much fun.  I thought at first that I would find it hard to stay up late, but it really hasn't been an issue.  The REAL issue is that my voice is very ill.  My throat is super sore and I don't even know how I'm going to be able to sing tonight.  And my amp still isn't working.  BUT WE WILL OVERCOME!

Anyway, here are some more photos.  We're excited to play at Wunderbar tonight.


Here is the winning Saskatoon photo for the #saysomethingright contest!  Congrats @davidwickstrom1!
 Hills!
 Adam (bass), Jon (drums), & Brennan (guitar).  Band!
 In-house draft-lines.  Super awesome.
 Party.
 Sasha.  He was a cool dude.
 Party people.
 Party people.

Brennan and Jon got up later in the night and played some covers for the party.  The nailed it!













Ok!  So now I'm going to spend time with my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment