Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Final Tour DAY ONE!!!

Heyo! Heather here!
Yesterday we packed up all of our gear into two black Nissan Versas and hit the road for Oldfolks Home's final tour!
Here we are in our sweet rides... We have a lot of fun with this!

I haven't driven through Saskatchewan in years, and our route to Saskatoon brought back memories of childhood road trips- in the days before laptops, cellphones and video games. I would sit in the backseat and stare out the window and imagine that the swathes of rippled earth, the sharp hills and valleys of green, were grassy blankets covering the arms and legs of giants.
As boring as people say the central Canadian landscape is, it's always changing. Unfortunately I spent so much time driving that the most interesting picture I managed to catch was this one:
Hay.

Our show at the Vangelis got cancelled at the last minute, but luckily our friend stepped up and offered to host a house concert for us! It was pretty tight but we managed to squeeze everything in. I felt like I was on an episode of Between Two Ferns!
The Musical Powers opened for us and it was amazing- with a keyboard, and guitar, and a giant tuba they were super quirky and cool! 
 I managed to catch this photo of Ricardo from my station. He's killing it as usual.
 In the morning our lovely host was kind enough to make us scrambled eggs!
 And waffles!
 Yummmmy!
Then we headed out on the road to Edmonton... We played a little game of "Where's Cody?"
Day one over... Let the adventures begin!
xxx
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment